Apple has unveiled three iPhones at a special event at its headquarters in California on 12th of September 2017-an iPhone 8, an iPhone 8 Plus, and a special 10th anniversary model called the iPhone X.
The iPhone X is the Company’s most expensive handset to date , and is being boldly described as the template for mobile phones for the next decade.
Special features in iPhone X
- To unlock the iPhone– The TouchID fingerprint sensor, has been replaced with a new authentication technology called ‘FaceID’ which can verify the user’s identity by scanning their face in 3D.
- Camera-New “TrueDepth” selfie camera which uses infrared technology and Apple’s “neural engine” to analyze features of the user’s face even in the dark.
- These 3D Scans also be used within apps so the users can create realistic avatars of themselves in games.(ex-:create animated emojis also known as “Animojis” within Apple Messages ,which mimic their own facial expression)
The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are intended as direct upgrades to the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, which launched in 2016. iPhone 8 has a far better camera: it boasts the “highest-quality video capture ever in a smartphone,” Apple VP Phil Schiller said on stage(12th Sept 2017); and, as many expected, it has augmented-reality capability using Apple’s ARKit. Apple used a game demonstration to show off the AR possibilities in mobile gaming. The 8 and 8 Plus do not have FaceID and the iPhone X’s “TrueDepth” selfie camera.
Specification of All three(iPhone 8,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone X) iPhones
- Dust-Proof and water-resistant to a depth up to one meter for 30 minutes.
- Run the latest version of Apple’s OS,ISO 11,which brings a host of new features such as split-screen multitasking and a “do not disturb when driving’ mode.
- Because of the new glass design ,they are also the first Apple’s iPhone to feature wireless charging technology(Users can simply put the device down on a charging pad to power it up, rather than plug it into a socket).
- The iPhones support the Qi wireless charging standard.
The prices are $699 for the 8, $799 for the Plus, and $999 for the X. The 8 and 8 Plus ship on Sept. 22, and the X ships on Nov. 3.Carphone Warehouse has already opened up its pre-registration pages for both the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, and the iPhone X, meaning you can be the first in line to grab one when they come in stock.