DATA SCIENCE 101 organized by ARICT was an attempt to let the the undergraduates the access to the towering power of data. It started at 10.00 am at the Faculty of Applied Sciences on 26th January 2017.
The event came out in few eye opening sessions conducted by our Guest speakers.
1) Why & What is Data Science?
Wellington Perera | DX Director, Microsoft
2) Tools & Terminology – Data Science & Machine Learning AND Microsoft Azure Machine Learning 101
Haritha Thilakarathne | Software Engineer, Tech One Global
3) Time Series Analysis with R
Thejan Jayaneetha Rajapakshe | Software Engineer, Codegen
4) Handling unstructured data with NoSQL
Prabath Maduranga Peiris | Tech Lead, Asset LLC
5) Using Weka for Data mining
The resource persons lavishly dedicated their time and effort in making the attendees getting satisfactory knowledge on different dimensions of data. The event was a great success with the participation of enthusiastic undergraduates.